Kumu ʻUlu Box
Bringing farm to school education home, this breadfruit recipe and learning kit will delight the entire ʻohana! Activities included in the box are designed for keiki ages 4+ and focus on those in Grades K-5, fostering meaningful connections to ‘ulu through cooking, science, Hawaiian culture, and art.
This product is perfect for at home or distance learning – whether you are a parent looking to enrich your child’s homeschooling experience or a teacher seeking creative ways to engage your students from home.
Box contents and description:
- 12 oz. recipe-ready mature ʻulu (peeled and par-cooked)
- 16 oz. recipe-ready ripe ʻulu (skin on and fully cooked)
- Two 3 oz. non-dairy ‘ulu chocolate mousse
- Kid-tested and -approved ‘ulu fries recipe, created by chef and educator Mark “Gooch” Noguchi. Learn how you can bake breadfruit fries.
- Science activity guiding keiki to explore the nuances of ʻulu’s various stages of maturity with their senses
- ʻUlu plant memory card game
- Conversation starter card, designed to spark engaging discussions about ʻulu around the dinner table
- Adapted version of the Gift of Kū moʻolelo & coloring book by Caren Loebel-Fried, sharing one of Hawaiʻi’s most well-known and beloved stories about the origin of breadfruit.
- RevʻULUtionary Chef youth apron
- RevʻULUtion sticker
- Postcard featuring winning artwork from the RevʻULUtion Student Art Contest
Click HERE to purchase your Kumu ʻUlu Box today!
Free or reduced meal recipients:
Click HERE to apply for a scholarship to receive a Kumu ʻUlu Box.
Kumu ʻUlu - Buy-1-Give-1
Help us ensure that every child in Hawaiʻi has meaningful access to farm to school education by sponsoring one Kumu ʻUlu box for a child in need when you buy one for your own keiki! Half the purchase price ($45) is a tax deductible donation through the Hawaiʻi Food Basket, Hawaiʻi Island’s Food Bank, and a donation letter will be emailed to you after completing your purchase online.
Click HERE to Buy-1-Give-1 Kumu ʻUlu Box.
Kumu ʻUlu - Donate-a-Box
You can now donate a Kumu ʻUlu Box to a child in need located anywhere in Hawaiʻi State through our partnership with the Hawaiʻi Food Basket, Hawaiʻi Island’s Food Bank. Your generous contribution will ensure that Hawaiʻi keiki maintain access to meaningful farm to school education while learning from home. Donations are tax deductible and you will receive an emailed receipt after completing your donation online.
Click HERE to Donate a Kumu ʻUlu Box.